The Aleph Zadik Aleph (AZA) youth organization was founded in Omaha in 1924 as the boys auxiliary to B’nai Brith. Soon chapters were springing up across the country, including in Boston and the surrounding area. Along with service efforts, AZA chapters organized events, like this 1960 Thanksgiving dance. Apparently these events stuck with the AZA members: nearly 40 years later, the Jewish Journal published a story about former members of the Chelsea Clovers AZA chapter who wanted to bring a new generation into the fun.
While many of the original AZA chapters have shut down, the AZA is still an active international youth organization. To learn more, visit their website: http://bbyo.org/azabbg/